Thursday, March 1, 2012

Popcorn Tofu - take 2

I scoured the internet for the actual Wheatsville Popcorn Tofu recipe. Apparently they are very proprietary. I did find it in a cookbook, but it was in the portions that Wheatsville uses. To produce 39 pounds! 39 POUNDS OF POPCORN TOFU. So I had to estimate the measurements. What is 3 quarts of tamari divided by 39?

Seriously, I just guessed. Secret ingredient? Nutritional yeast. I'll link to it: http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/271239

The difference is that you coat the tofu in a batter, rather than breading. But it still wasn't the same. I think my batter was too thick. Hans helped:



And it was delicious. More delicious than the first time, but still not the holy grail of Popcorn Tofu. Stay tuned for another attempt. Here it is, served with a salad, and sunflower quinoa:


1 comment:

  1. RD and I should try this with the tofu we have had in our fridge for 2 months.

    ReplyDelete