Monday, March 12, 2012

Smorgasbord entree and dessert!


We were planning on going to Wheatsville today for Owner Appreciation Day...but didn't. So I searched the fridge and pantry to create...

TOFU LETTUCE WRAPS AND TAHINI MAPLE COOKIES!

I drained the tofu, then scrambled it with chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper. I added in some chopped green onions, then served it in leaves of Bibb lettuce. Some grated raw mild cheddar and a dollop of sour cream, and voila!



For dessert, I was going to make some maple cinnamon frozen yogurt, but discovered my ice cream bowl wasn't frozen. I also didn't have eggs or butter. BUT in situations like these, I look to the vegans. I found a delicious recipe for almond butter cookies. I substituted tahini for almond butter, and added vegetable oil, flour, baking powder, and maple syrup. They taste like peanut butter cookies. Double voila!



Atticus was very happy with the cookies, and his own portion of scrambled tofu.


1 comment: