Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dirt Candy Day 3

I was going to make black bean burgers, but due to the Texas "light freeze" (40 degrees...maybe?), Hans requested soup and grilled cheese. As it is still vegetarian, I agreed. Not picture worthy, but I will plug the sources of our nourishment.

Wheatsville. Literally the best. They are so, so nice, especially to Atticus. All the food is healthy, ethical, and delicious. This is where we purchased tomato basil soup, Vermont aged cheddar, Sweetish Hill sunflower and flax seed bread, and Shiner Farmhouse Ale.

Shout outs:

http://wheatsville.coop/

http://www.sweetishhill.com/index.html

If you remember, we had to buy bread because the dog ate an entire loaf of homemade Amish bread. When someone requested that I make more, I used my best withering look.

Finally, we finished it up with blueberries and hand-whipped whipped cream. My forearm is embarrassingly sore this morning, and the whipped cream was more yogurt consistency. Isn't that a standard action item on Top Chef? Paul Qui, if you read this, I'm available for private lessons and tastings at all your restaurants (free...obviously)

Tomorrow: probably hummus sandwiches with sweet potato fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment